I posted the photo on Facebook the following day and questions pertaining to the name of this particular plant ensued. Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer too. Like the people who “swamped” my inbox with questions, it was also my first time to see such a rare-and-absolutely beautiful flower (or fruit?).
I have already consulted Mr. Google a million times, the author of the pinoymountaineer.com, the botanists of Palanan Co Sierra Madre Trek, and some of the highbrows I know but the answer is still not looming on the horizon. Please HELP!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Palanan – The future of Philippine Tourism (origparanan.wordpress.com)
- Palanan: The Living Eden of the North (theexcelsior.wordpress.com)
- Little Wonders Series’ Fourth Episode (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- The Last Great Forest (theexcelsior.wordpress.com)
- 87 Environmentalists Celebrate Environmental Awareness and Clean Air Month With Twin Hike of Dingalan Mountains (jasondeasis.wordpress.com)
- Botanists Help Rare Plant End a Century of Sexlessness (treehugger.com)