Our recent climb to Mount Manalmon in Sitio Madlum three months ago is probably the most memorable as far as the word adventure is concerned. Sitio Madlum doesn’t only boasts the famous, historical Mount Manalmon; it also brags other adventuresome places such as the very enchanting river (Madlum River) with a backbreaking monkey bridge on and white boulders around it, the adrenaline pumping jagged rocks and a somewhat mystical cave (Madlum Cave) whose narrow passages can turn spelunking into doing yoga exercises. If you mix these with an opportunity to meet a fellow Pinoy Travel Blogger in the person of the young and talented Ivan Cultura memorable could mutate into such a rewarding experience.
Ivan Cultura is the big man behind www.ivanlakwatsero.com. He is a renowned travel blogger in the country and to name a few of his many achievements, he was already featured in one of the documentary programs of the most prestigious TV Network in the country, GMA.
Anyway, what transpired that day will be recounted by the photos below. Expect some commentaries on my favorite photos along the way.
Crossing the Using the Monkey Bridge River
Who would forget my most liked post for the Weekly Photo Challenge–Indulge–where I used the photo above of my hiking master (now buddy), Mr. Paul Basco, with some magic touch on it?
Savoring the Beauty of the River and the Lush Vegetation Around It
The White Rocks
One of the most adrenaline-pumping activities I did is standing on one of Mt. Manalmon’s jagged peaks. Weird as it may sound but doing such a thing reminds me of how precious life is and how alive I can be. Master Paul, thanks for capturing it!
Meeting a Long Lost Friend
On The Summit
It’s been a while since I got into a pretty intense adventure in just one day. The arms and shoulder of the giant named Mt. Manalmon; the backbreaking monkey bridge of Madlum river; rock climbing along the way to the summit; and the narrow passages of Madlum Cave are only a few of the many things you can experience in the place. These are another set of genuine nature wonders of the Philippines found in the very pristine place called Sitio Madlum in the province of Bulacan at the north of Luzon.
Sabit-Sabit Mountaineers and the guests, thank you for making our adventure more fun than expected!
PS: Mr. Paul Basco and Agfa Photo Eclipse Explorer
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- A Sirok ti Rangtay (STR) Picnic at Tabuk Kalinga (makkosadventures.wordpress.com)
- A Stranger in a Mountain – Mt. Maculot Solo Hike with Sitio Lumampaw Sidetrip (freeclimbers.wordpress.com)
- Black Water Rafting adventure in the Paparoa National Park, Charleston (jyhedgehog.wordpress.com)
- Caving/Spelunking in Samar, Philippines (deeptechasia.wordpress.com)
- Adventure (oldthingsrnew.wordpress.com)
- Refections of Our Adventure – Road Trip Day 2 (kblmsengel.blogspot.com)
- At the North Face – exceptional brand engagement (speakthinkblog.wordpress.com)
- Climber takes precautions on trips (abqjournal.com)
- My Perfect Adventure: Sonnie Trotter (outsideonline.com)