When it comes to bakeries in Riyadh, there is only one that comes to mind. That is, the Wooden Bakery on Kurais Road in Salah Al Deen Street. This bakery has four specialties: Arabic and European breads, French pastries, Arabic sweets, and, of course, the excellent coffee.
But did you know that there is an interesting scuttlebutt about the bakery’s sails? The original one has four blades only. Until a high-ranking pious member of the constabulary deemed that the four blades resemble to a cross. He then asked the company to reconstruct it and–voila–the five-blade sails you see now.
- French bakery (sweetnyc.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: One (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: One (marichulambino.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: One (filimages.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: One (theelecticeccentricshopaholic.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: One (plaridel.wordpress.com)
- Drips Bakery Cafe @ Tiong Bahru (roundtumtums.wordpress.com)
- Finding Out About Bakery Middleton RI (comptaenligne.wordpress.com)
- Antendo Bakery (valchoa.wordpress.com)