The Wandering Feet & Mind (TWF&M) is Sonyboy V. Fugaban. He is a proud Filipino, an accidental stenographer, a student, a self-proclaimed wanderer/traveler and nonprofessional photgrapher, a health buff, an educator, a parent, a blabbermouth, and a struggling servant of the Earth.
TWF&M appreciates and respects the Aura up in the sky, bodies of water, mountains, stars, and organisms from kingdoms animalia and plantae.
He gave rise to this blog to share the stories of his wandering feet and mind—which will give air to the the many hats he wear—and photos that will particularly promote the pulchritude of his country. That is, to let people around the world that it’s more fun in the Philippines. However it may be, he is not closing his door for that opportunity to land to other countries too and feature the same here.
Also, to sharpen his communication skills. When he set foot in the academe as an instructor in a university, he had noticed the importance of communication skills that he needed to optimize it. A huge THANKS to WordPress for giving him the excellent place to do that. He did not have formal lessons in writing so he is trying to learn it by simply putting down his stories under the sun–primarily about travel experiences in the northern and southern parts of the biggest island in the Philippines, Luzon, and occasionally to other stuff like environmentalism, parenting, and teaching experiences. Those may also come in the form of notes or just simple commentaries at times. He believes that doing so helps him develop better writing habits, improve his health, and embrace his idiolect and usageaster more–to become an effective communicator. The more his feet and mind wanders, the more he writes, the more he contributes to his country’s tourism, the more he can articulate the universal language, and the more he learns about life.
Travel Quotes That Fueled The Wandering Feet & Mind To Explore Outdoors And Share The Stories
1. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” St. Augustine.
2. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe” Anatole France.
3. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do–especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road” William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways.
4. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things” Henry Miller.
5. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure–self-determined, self-motivated, often risky–forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind—and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white” Mark Jenkins.
- The Art of Traveling (artistoftheeveryday.wordpress.com)
- Why I Travel (jonmaiden.wordpress.com)
- Are You Wandering or Are You Traveling? (strategiclearner.wordpress.com)
- Travel Tips from Susan McDaniel Travel Facebook Page, Part 1 (susanmcdanielcruisenews.wordpress.com)
- By Any Road..Lessons from the Journey (growingracelife.wordpress.com)
- Nepal – “because it’s there” (arleneanddennis.wordpress.com)
- Wandering the (Pinas) Wonders of the World (teredomine.wordpress.com)
- Travelers of The Month: THE WORLD Through The Lens of George And Angelo (theladyisin.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Travel part II…. (cobblestonesandheels.wordpress.com)
- Inspiring quotes about travel (shivamtomar.wordpress.com)