“A paradise at the heart of Camarines Sur is lotfy Mt. Isarog, rising to 1966 MASL. This mountain has a rich biodiversity and beautiful views: its very own mossy forests and verdant crater, an overview of Bicol Peninsula, and a glimpse of majestic Mt. Mayon. It abundance of water is refreshing, with streams and waterfalls encountered along the trails, and sulfuric springs beckon to relax weary mountaineers and other visitors. Its dubbing as Vulcan de Agua lives up to expectations: Isarog has 16 major rivers that provide potable water to 15 of the 35 towns of Camarines Sur and irrigate some 67,400 hectares of rice lands at its foot” pinoymountaineer.com.
Though this post belongs to conquered giants, I must confess that I failed in summiting it. Going here only introduced the possibility of subduing the shoulders and heads of the giants. The people who accompanied me in this activity last 12 April 2009 were no mountaineers that suggesting the latter would be a big NO NO. Besides, it’s neither a part of our IT that day. We were only up to the mountain’s Nabuntalan Falls.
This hike to Mt. Isarog Falls drew my feet into the exciting world of mountaineering and hiking. This is the reason why I put this mountain as the first on the list of my conquered giants as a way of saluting the door it gave me to find the most interesting endeavor: mountain climbing. I became a warrior because of this. I became determined to continue working out and maintain my weight to cope with the physical demands of becoming a conqueror of the giants. I’m glad I’ve pushed on this endeavor!
- Then I Draw Again (lapiskamay.wordpress.com)
- My First Travel in Bicolandia (kalongkong.wordpress.com)
- 40 Bicol towns identified as geo-hazard areas (sorsogonunited.wordpress.com)
- Mountains to Climb (writingwildly.wordpress.com)
- Mihin Amarasinghe: Conquering Ama Dablam (smritidaniel.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Places I want to visit in the Philippines (sincerelymheg.wordpress.com)
- Out of Town Adventures (2008 to 2010) (christinedabu.wordpress.com)
- Coron Palawan : Mt. Tapyas (gelaikuting.wordpress.com)
- Hail Clapping (lonehungrytraveller.wordpress.com)
- Home Sweet Home (streetification.wordpress.com)