When I read the notification in my inbox for this week’s photo challenge, I was so happy to know about the subject. Being a mountain climber for two years, I thought it would be easy for me to pick among the multitude of photos I have gathered since I started visiting the mountains. Until, I was drafting this post. I realized it doesn’t go that way. I mean the supposed easy thing I was talking about earlier wasn’t, at all, easy. The selection process is actually a lot harder when there’s plenty of choices so I must say that I had a hard time picking my entry for this week’s challenge.
To be honest, what I chose to post tonight was my least among the choices considering that I really wanted a subject coming from the mountains I and my hiking buddies conquered, supposedly.
The mountain on the photo is one of the mountains that I am yet to climb and it was taken at the most beautiful cove in the world, Nagsasa Cove (in Pundaquit, Zambales) when I joined this fund raising project of PVI’s Island Adventure For A Cause. I got the chance to experience setting foot in the country I wish to visit, New Zealand, because of said Island Adventure. I know that sounds somewhat funny but that’s how I genuinely felt when I was savoring the breathtaking views of the place on that very day (21 March 2010). That justifies the decision to pick a picture of a mountain from an island hopping adventure, not from mountain climbing.
PS: Kodak C-813
- Nagsasa: The Most Beautiful Cove in the World (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Thankful (indianhomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Plea to set up mountaineering institute in State (assamtribune.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: GREEN (smartntrendymom.wordpress.com)
- chaRmed by the siRen call of Zambales waves (msbolin.wordpress.com)
- Mt. Tapulao Day Hike: The Epic Long Walk that’s Worth It (Although Our Knees Might Disagree) (nagbabasangpinoy.wordpress.com)
- Platteklip Georgina: Table Mountain Conquered (shantarella.wordpress.com)
- Books, whiskey and mountain-climbing (lane7.wordpress.com)
- We are hanging on (hovercraftdoggy.com)