Things had been pretty hectic at work, especially in school, for the past two months. I had a bitter taste of increased workload comprising assignments, deadlines, projects, and program development proposals. (This is from my diary two years ago.) So I thought of visiting what’s considered the heart of the metropolis — The La Mesa Eco Park in Quezon City — to have my nature therapy. That is, to recharge and reconnect with myself by walking and filling my lungs up with fresh air.
When I was there, I roamed around to enjoy the scenery and the fresh air to calm and clear my mind. After 45 minutes of walking, I rummaged for a special spot where I can lay my spine and gaze at the blue heavens. I found this tree where I felt like there was something magical in it. I climbed it to find that special spot and to find what my gut was telling me. I was right. There’s something magical that came out of savoring my stay on the branches of that tree.
What I saw when I started gazing the view up and amid the not so clear view of the skies and sturdy branches of this tree, took my breath away. Somehow, the God of Creativity bequeathed to me the wisdom of touching the sun. And I did it. Aside from the relaxing and awe-inspiring view of the sun, I was really able to touch it!
Thanks to my camera phone who helped me capture these photos which proved that we can touch the sun. All it takes is a little creativity at the right moment to come up with something extraordinary like touching the biggest star in the solar system. Yeah, I know that sounds impossible so I am asking you to take a look at the photos below to know what I meant when I said, “I touched the sun—literally!”
For more information (how to get to the place, special concerns, etc.) about La Mesa Eco Park , click this website: www.metromaniladirections.com.
PS: iPhone 2G
- The Next Generation Of Touchscreens Will Shock You (Literally) (businessinsider.com)
- Revisited UP Diliman plus Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) (pedaltothemetal.name)
- Planting Perennials For Your Fall Garden (casasugar.com)
- San Pedro East Now Has Sixty Trees in La Mesa (aselpunzalan.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 smartphones for Facebook fanatics (vodafone.com.au)
- Short and Sweet Bicycle Ride – Let’s Ride Fireflies! (crankandpedal.wordpress.com)
- Solid North The Wi-Fi Bus Bound to North Luzon (silentpal.wordpress.com)
- 3rd Quezon City International Marathon – The Year Ender Full Marathon (supladongirish.wordpress.com)
- Environmental mountaineers to spend Chinese new year in the jungles of Aurora and Marinduque (jasondeasis.wordpress.com)
- Visiting the Quezon City Memorial Circle (cotober.wordpress.com)