It’s been three weeks since I received this award yet I am still elated just like when I saw one of my favorite blog posts on Freshly Pressed. And even after learning that I had to do some tasks first before finally including that badge on my widget’s. Now, I am compelled to comply with the tasks.
Here are the three (3) things I should do:
First, thank the person who nominated me and link to him too.
A million thanks to THE ISLAND TRAVELER (consumerdotnet.wordpress.com). More than words can’t explain how happy I am for a huge recognition like this one most notably because it came from an undoubtedly versatile blogger. I’m speechless …
Second, share seven (7) random facts about me.
Just like the famous blogger who nominated me, this is something I don’t really want to do but however it may be, here are seven random facts about me:
1. I love toy cars and I always consider it one of the best gifts, if not the best, gift for me. There are only very few people around me who knows I am into this lilliputian cars and I actually have a collection of these cute toys. The reason for doing so is to heal the wounds of my childhood on toy cars deprivation.
2. I am a person who loves solitude so I make it a point to include a time for myself at least once a month. I work full-time at the country’s law firm as a stenographer and as a part-time instructor to two of the universities here in Metro Manila. Gleaning from what I just wrote, I bet there’s no reason for me to be hesitant on reconnecting with myself from time to time by doing any of the following: staring blankly at the wall, looking over the horizon as the sun sets and rises, wandering aimlessly through the woods, watching a nice movie, savoring the beauty of nature, swimming alone in the beach (which is the hardest to do and most expensive at that), and anything that makes the world around me UNDISTURBED.
3. I love playing with my son and wife so amid the hectic schedule, I make sure that the three of us can have a quality time, always! The kind of happiness I get from watching my son and wife’s guffaws whenever we wrestle on bed is just priceless. It also makes me feel like I am toddler each time we play and I like that pretty much! Seeing them patiently waiting for me at sala each time I come home from work as I stretch the door, instantly vaporizes stress.
5. Like the blogger who shared this award with me, I also love my wife’s cooking. (Sorry for borrowing the words, IT. Got no better term in mind at this point.) This is the reason why I always bring a pack lunch and snack prepared by her almost every day. We are even planning to put up a small eatery (carinderia) by the time we’re in the province already. We are actually nearing the “country lane” at this point. I just need to finish some business here in the metropolis before finally settling in the province.
6. I am trying hard to live a “green” life because I believe that it’s not yet late to share my microscopic acts, which can create a ripple effect towards the preservation of Nature.
7. I call myself a blabbermouth. I can’t stop talking most of the time. This blog is an attestation to that.
The last is, to pass this award to my five (5) new blogging friends. Contact and congratulate them for getting such an award.
I’d like to quote The Island Traveler for his view on the said task: “It’s like a Pay Forward concept but I would like to think of it as making meaningful connections and valuing friendships.”
In no particular order, here are the bloggers I picked for this award:
Donna of wordswithpurpose.wordpress.com. I guarantee you that her posts are all purposeful. Reading even just one of her posts can make you appreciate life’s oftenly ignored wonders. It can also awaken the sense of equality supposedly shared by all living things. Her advocacy for animals radiates the good soul in her.
Arvee of ilovemandaue.wordpress.com. His interest to do well in the blogosphere is evidently shown on his blog. The last time I visited his blog, I suffered from Freudian Salivation Syndrome. Check out his “aromatic” blog to know why I used that adjective! You won’t regret you did. I also admire his love for his mother and the kind of care he gives to her — first-hand.
Nelson of digitalcatharsis.wordpress.com. Like The Island Traveler, he is a loving husband who cares so much about his son and wife. I can relate to most of his posts too. And just like the majority of us in the blogosphere, he also finds great comfort in blogging. Hence, the name of his blog.
Bama of harindama.com. Bama is a certified globetrotter and what I really find magnetizing about him is his ability to articulate his travels through words — and through his camera! You will sure enjoy every piece of his photographs on his website and you can’t help but exclaim these words after visiting his site: “What an Amazing World, indeed!”
Lovely of mylovely88.wordpress.com. Lovely was the one who gave me the experience of traveling abroad via her beautiful pictures the very first time I set foot on her blog. She can make her readers feel like they are actually in the place she’s at. How tempting is that, huh?
Given the chance, I am willing to share this award to all the bloggers, subscribers, and commenters who supported Stories of My Wandering Feet & Mind. For this reason, let me say, “THANK YOU!”, once again to the following people who gave and still giving support to this blog:
The Island Traveler, John Tugano and Cocomino (who received the same award), Ramoncito, Ben, Joniphilippines, Frizztext, Iñigo, Cecelia, Winnie Doctolero, Rastelly, Nandini, Nuvofelt, Josette, Mizz, Marien Fullo, Louise, Maggie, Jakesprinter, Jo Bryant, Thirdhandart, Changeversations, Pix & Kards, Northernnarratives, Gian Ramos, Moderncowgirl (the first blogger who liked my first few posts) and the rest of those who supported this blog one way or another.
- Versatile Blogger Award (acgtranslation.com)
- What is the Versatile Blogger Award? (versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- Smokebear receives a “Versatile Blogger Award” (smokebear.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award: Showin’ the Love! (ifacethesun.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award Goes To… (consumerjournaldotnet.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award nomination (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (seriouslyrebecca.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- The Most Versatile Blogger Award (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award goes to…… (puddinggirl.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger award (insidesuzyssoul.wordpress.com)
- Awarded 2 Versatile Blogger Awards (aprilrdenton.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger…me??! (sterlingsop.wordpress.com)