There was the vast ocean first that gave me the kind of comfort I wanted before I fell in love with the mountains. That was when I learned about the essence of solitude. Seeing her gives me so much comfort. Now that I’ve been away from the ocean for quite some time now, I can’t help but crave that kind of comfort she gives just like the very first time we’re together.
We can get comfort from a lot of things around us — family/home, a movie theater, in a classroom; the trees and animals around, the rivers, the stars, the moon, the sun; eating your favorite food, playing music, or wandering through the woods. But there is a different kind of comfort that I want to have every once in a while. The kind of comfort that makes every neuron in my nervous system relaxed. The kind of comfort that helps me connect to the world of nature and spirituality. A time when all I want to do is to be with myself.
I believe that there is an exquisite form of comfort that comes from being alone while overlooking the ocean and as the waves are crawling to the shore; from having the opportunity to just fritter the time away; from staring blankly at the wall; from looking over the horizon as the sun sets or rises; from wandering aimlessly through the woods; or anything that makes the world around me undisturbed.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort by Sara Rosso
- The Solitude of the mountains (thirdeyemom.com)
- Solitude or Loneliness (sparshturaga.wordpress.com)
- “If I desire comfort in this world, I w (thehiddenpearl.wordpress.com)
- Being Lonely… (spmenon.wordpress.com)
- The Deliciousness of Solitude (writingpromisingchange.wordpress.com)
- Balancing It In The Nevers (Sestina) (becauseyouhatesocialnetworking.wordpress.com)
- Loneliness and Solitude (staciebrown.wordpress.com)
- Solitude (lyricalanarchy.wordpress.com)
- Creatures of Solitude (williamxander.wordpress.com)