One of the things that I recently love doing whenever I go places here in Riyadh is to take snapshots through the window. Capturing the beautiful parts of the city makes me love the place all the more. That is, by taking snapshots, which is the right thing to do so to say as taking photographs here is not really welcomed. This is the reason why I need to make the most of what I can capture through the car’s window.
It feels amazing to capture images without much thinking. There’s a certain beauty that only comes out from snapshots. I hope you can see the same through the photos.
“If a more or less random snapshot is like an infinitely fine scale that has been scratched from the surface of reality with the tip of a finger, then in comparison the photoseries or photomontage lets us experience the extended massiveness of reality, its authentic meaning. We build systematically. We must also photograph systematically. Sequence and long-term photographic observation–that is the method” (Segei Tretyakov, 1931).
PS: Nokia Asha 302 and Agfa Photo Eclipse Explorer
- Memo’s on Board (oneway81.wordpress.com)
- The Snapshot and the Hourglass (emaillikeunderwear.net)
- snapshots.. [scarlett watering the plants & checking the mail] (holdingontothelittlethings.typepad.com)
- Ripped Layered Snapshots – Scott Hazzard’s Torn Wormhole Photographs are Enticing (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Snapshots of Life (fridayskid.com)
- Snapshots from The Washington Redskins Training Camp – a great keepsake for our departing family! (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Saturday Snapshot – The Outer Banks (abookwormshaven.com)
- Friday Focus: Agfa Isoly (jaydogblog.wordpress.com)