“The cool and arid clime of Mt. Batulao (811 MASL) is a pleasant escape from the tropics. The moment you alight from the Crow bus at Evercrest Golf Course – the jumpoff – you will feel the same coolness felt by the visitors of Tagaytay. And this temperature will be with you all the way. Batulao is the only mountain in the region where you can wear jackets at high noon. You have to. There is no tree cover throughout the climb. On sunny days, this paradoxical blending of heat and cold, on dramatic, sometimes steep landscapes, with forceful winds that make the cogon grass dance, forming beautiful waveforms across the slopes, earns for Batulao the distinction of being the most spectacular of the mountains in Batangas” pinoymountaineer.com.
1. Officially, this was the first mountain I summited. It’s extra special because it’s dedicated to our handicapped brothers and sisters. Being able to take part in this first ever Annual Amputee Climb is an honor and, at the same time, an articulation and action for this cliche':
“IF THERE’S A WILL, THERE’S ALWAYS A WAY.”
2. I take my hat off to our amputee friends who made it at the peak of Mount Batulao last 28 November 2009. The First Annual Amputee Climb was made possible by the efforts of PinoyMountaineer.com, SMART, Physicians for Peace, and Mu Sigma Phi Fraternity.
For more information (special concerns, how to get to the place, trivia, climbing notes, even stories, etc.), click this link: pinoymountaineer.com.
- The Great Mount Everest Mystery: Just How Tall Is the Mountain, Anyway? (newsfeed.time.com)
- A Song of Ascents: Mt. Talamitam (wordbreath.wordpress.com)
- SPONTANEOUS WEEK Part Two – TAGAYTAY TRIP (bulablogera.wordpress.com)
- What to climb next? (atoptherox.wordpress.com)
- An Adventurer’s Bucketlist – 2012 (freeclimbers.wordpress.com)
- Mountains on my mind. (pollywogpaul.com)
- Mt. Batulao Revisited – Day Hike Traverse (Sept 21, 2012) (kalongkong.wordpress.com)
- Kalongkong Hiker’s Mt. Batulao Day Hike – The Mini Movie (kalongkong.wordpress.com)
- Rocks (manacled.wordpress.com)
- Life in Low-res: Instatravel (joischan.wordpress.com)